Assigned tasks will not go away until you complete certain task actions.
Reserved tasks often will have a "task timeout" period, in which the task disappears from your task list if you do not accept it within that period. This will vary based on the type of task. Of course, you should try to accept or cancel a reservation (for yourself only) as soon as possible.
Task Actions include:
- Accepting a task reservation
- If this is a call task, it will immediately start dialing out, so make sure you are ready to take phone calls!
- Snoozing a task reservation
- Don't snooze a task without a good reason to do so; snoozed tasks do not automatically come back to you at the end of the snoozed time if there are other agents available and the task was not already targeted to you based on a prior conversation with the customer.
- Cancelling a task reservation
- Don't cancel a task unless you know for sure that it should be canceled.
- Wrapping an assigned task
- This is akin to completing the task, regardless of the outcome of the conversation. The disposition selected and any applicable tags will give more detail about the actual completion status of the task.