Regal reporting offers the tools to gain deeper insights into your data, tailor your analyses to specific needs, and make more informed decisions with custom reports.
By creating custom reports, you can filter information based on your unique requirements and visualize the results in a way that is useful to you. This brief article provides the instructions to get you started on the process of creating custom reports with your Regal data. Our goal is to empower you to unlock the full potential of your information and drive your business forward.
If you'd like assistance building or analyzing specific reports, or would like to schedule a training session with our team, please reach out to the team at email@example.com or through your Customer Success Manager.
- Reporting must be enabled for your specific Regal account
If you'd like to unlock Regal reporting, please reach out to the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or through your Customer Success Manager.
Create A Dashboard to Host Your Report
- Navigate to the Regal App, login, and click on "Reporting" at the bottom left of the screen.
- Click on "New Dashboard", and click "Save"
- Click on "Edit Dashboard" and then "Add" followed by "Visualization"
Start Building Your Custom Report
Choose an Explore
For this article we selected Aggregated Tasks. In general you'll likely be using Aggregated Contacts or Aggregated Tasks as these explores contain relationship tables between tasks, agents, messages and events, as well as other interpretive models like interactions, missed call follow ups, and so on.
Choose the metrics to display in your visualization
The example in this article will be "Task Completion & Talk Time" and will show the number of tasks completed during a certain timeframe, the channel it was completed on (SMS or Voice), and the aggregated total talk time for the tasks.Metrics or measures are the orange fields in the field picker. All of the fields in black are "dimensions", which is to say data that has various levels to it and can be explored through different measures to provide unique insights. Regal reporting is an instance of the Google Studio/Looker GUI customized with your specific data as its source. Feel free to learn more about exploring data through this interface on your own!
Choose the dimensions
Click the filter icon and also the name of the field "Completed At (ET) - Day of Week" - Or feel free to use the "Business" timestamp for your account's timezone.
Run the explore
Next, we added the measure "Total Talk Time (min)" and clicked "Run" to see what it looks like so far.
- Next, we added separate the channels for Voice and SMS by selecting "Channel" and the option to pivot data.
- Click "Run" again and you'll see that you have the same data, however now it separated by Voice or SMS.
- You also have the option to customize the aesthetics of your visualization by clicking "Edit" and "Series" and changing the color palette.
- Click "Save" to save your visualization to your new dashboard. Once it is saved you can resize the visualization by clicking and dragging the lower right hand corner.
Consider filtering your dashboard to select different timeframes, certain agents, or other conditions at the top level and save time editing every single report.
- Select "Filter" and "Add Filter"
- Add the filter "Dynamic Reservation Created At Et"
- Once the filter is added select "Settings", "Filters", change the filters location to "Right" and click "Save".
- Change the filter to the timeframe you want and reload the dashboard.