The trigger defines what event qualifies a contact to enter a journey. See article here on how to trigger a Journey.
Setting up a Scheduled Journey trigger
- To create a Scheduled Journey, click on the trigger block to activate the trigger form on the right.
- Select Schedule for Trigger Type.
- Select pre-uploaded Segment. See article here on how to upload a csv. The max segment size to upload is 50k.
- Under Start Date & Time, specific Start Date of when to trigger the Journey.
- This Journey will trigger for the contacts included in the selected segment.
- Journey will be triggered one-time at the specified time.
How fast do Scheduled Journeys trigger?
- Each Scheduled Journey will trigger at 1k contacts/minute. i.e. For a list of 20k segment, it will take 20minutes for the Journey to finish triggering all contacts. If it is set to start at 10:00AM, it will finish triggering around 10:20AM.
- For each business account, no more than 1k contacts can be triggered in any given minute, which means there can only be one Scheduled Journey processing at a time. In the example above, the second Scheduled Journey can start triggering at 10:21AM after the first one's completed.
Can I reuse a previously triggered Scheduled Journey?
Yes! Scheduled Journey can be re-triggered and do not need to be duplicated. If you want to reuse the Journey for a new segment or the same segment of users, simply follow these steps:
- Open trigger node and select the target segment
- Set a new trigger time
- Resave Journey as live to trigger at the selected time
Segment upload still in progress?
- If you recently created the segment, you may see a yellow banner noting that the segment upload is still in progress.
- To ensure all contacts in segments are triggered for properly, allow additional time before the scheduled trigger time
- For a large csv at max 50k, we suggest allowing at least 2 hours between upload and trigger time
Why do I sometimes see certain times grayed out in the scheduler?
- Given the current brand level limit to process/trigger no more than 1k/minute for Scheduled Journeys. Therefore only one Journey can be triggering during any given minute.
- The grayed out times indicate time-slots that have been taken up by already Scheduled Journeys. To see other scheduled Journeys, check those with a trigger type as Scheduled in Journeys table.
Why can't I save certain time slots even though they are available to be picked?
- If you encounter this error, it means the available time after the selected start time is not sufficient to trigger all contacts in the segment. This is typically because there is another Journey scheduled to start after.
- Try to select a different time based on the segment size (i.e. 10k segment will need about 10 minutes.)
If you have further questions, please contact your CSM for support. Happy Journeying. ✌